JFK Elementary School
John F. Kennedy Elementary is community based and student centered. We believe all students can and will learn and that learning is a lifelong process.
To enhance our students’ learning experience, we provide a safe and nurturing environment to ensure that our students have the support they need to meet their academic goals. The Superior Unified School District Governing Board, administration, staff, and community work collaboratively to support one another to ensure that curriculum and instruction are priority.
Along with our highly qualified teachers and staff, we are proud to offer our students a variety of programs that suit their individual interests and needs. Some of these programs include:
- All Day Kindergarten
- Special Education
A Message From Our Principal
John F. Kennedy Elementary operates with these guiding principles:
- Tenacity – We are resourceful, work hard, and always strive to do our best. We show persistence and “grit” in overcoming obstacles and in working towards achieving our mission of preparing our students for academic success.
- High Expectations – We are mission-driven, highly motivated, and maintain the highest expectations for our students, our colleagues, and ourselves. We believe all children will learn and succeed, that all of our students deserve the education necessary to be successful in college, and that closing the achievement gap is an issue of social justice.
- Integrity – We are honest and ethical in our words and our actions. We do the right thing, even when no one is watching, because we know it is the right thing to do.
- No Excuses – We will each do what it takes to achieve our shared goals. As part of this attitude, we each take the initiative when we see opportunities to help others or help our school improve. We step up in large and small ways on a daily basis and get the job done.
- Kindness – We genuinely care and respect all people. We are willing to help those in need, and we show compassion and generosity. We treat others as we would want to be treated. We care about our students deeply, and though we may be strict and “sweat the small stuff,” we try to bring a sense of joy to the classroom. (From the book Leveraged Leadership by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo)
JFK Elementary utilizes the Beyond Textbooks curriculum calendar and resources as the core for instruction. Our staff members regularly examine student achievement data and are responsive to the needs of our students and families so that we add to the fabric of our community and build the necessary foundation for students to have long-term success.
JFK seeks and implements enrichment programs/activities such as Mind Over Music, dance club, science club, nature club, and student council to expand our students’ view of the world and involve them in school in meaningful ways.
Principal of Kennedy Elementary
“We are Panthers”
Please be sure to take a moment to review our annual notice of nondiscrimination on our Human Resources page.