Welcome TO SUPERIOR USD!
Home of the Panthers
The Superior Unified School District #15 consists of three schools serving 362 students in grades pre K–12.
- JFK Elementary (Pre K–6)
- Superior Jr./Sr. High School (7–12)
Located in southeastern Pinal County, 60 miles east of Phoenix, Arizona, the district boundaries extend to Florence Junction (west) and to Top of the World (east).
The Superior Unified School District (SUSD) is a Title I district. This designation provides additional funding to reinforce our reading and math foundations. It also allows our students to receive 100% free/reduced breakfast/lunch. SUSD has partnered with the Vail Unified School District in order to implement the Arizona college and career ready standards into our K–12 classrooms through the Beyond Textbook curriculum guides and maps. The district is also a member of the Cobre Valley Institute of Technology. CVIT assists the district in offering programs such as culinary arts, hospitality, welding, nursing, and fire science to our students. In addition, we have built valued relationships with the Town of Superior, Superior Chamber of Commerce, Superior Rotary, Superior Optimist Club, Superior Little League, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Red Bear Outfitters, and Resolution Copper Mining Corporation. Resolution Copper has provided continued support for our athletics programs, nature club, hiking club, beyond textbooks, DECCA/FCCLA, and staff appreciation events.
Please take the time to get to know our district and our community more. Everyone at SUSD is dedicated to ensuring that our students receive daily quality instruction and have the materials and resources available to make them successful.
A Message from Our Superintendent
Dear Friends of Superior Unified School District,
The Superior Unified School District Governing Board approved the District’s 2020/2021 Reopening Plan yesterday evening. The plan was developed as a result of Governor Ducey’s Executive Order 2020-51. This plan will include the following details:
- Superior Schools will open remotely beginning on August 17.
- Superior Schools will operate remotely for a minimum of 30 days.
- SUSD will use the AZ Department of Health Services COVID-19 metrics data to determine a date when it will be safe to reopen in-person.
- SUSD will allow a limited number of students to work remotely at each school site. We will give first priority to special needs students and children of first responders/essential workers. All other students will be allowed on campus based on need and capacity. Parents will need to call each school site and check for availability. (Students will be screened and required to wear a mask)
- Transportation will be provided for students attending remotely on campus.
- Breakfast/lunch will be delivered to each bus stop for all students enrolled in SUSD. (More details to follow)
- Please view our Superior Reopening Plan